The Pioneer Media Team
We are a management team of experienced international investors, that focus on making inroads into sectors that have high potential for significant return, and low barriers to entry.
CEO & DIRECTOR
Mike has a wealth of experience in building and scaling technology companies in private and public markets, including the following:
• co-founded AreaConnect.com, a consumer content company which was acquired by Marchex, a Nasdaq listed company, in 2008.
• invested in early stage consumer companies such as Punch’d (later acquired by Google), Wander (later acquired by Yahoo), Summify (later acquired by Twitter), BlueBat Games (later acquired by Novomatic Group, Retsly (later acquired by Zillow) and Password Box (later acquired by Intel).
• co-founded LX Ventures, a publicly listed consumer internet foundry that acquired and scaled Mobio Technologies.
• co-founded Growlab, a seed stage accelerator focussing on consumer facing digital product. Growlab later merged with Extreme Startups to create Canada’s Highline accelerator.
• co-founded Wyley Interactive, a mobile game engagement platform, which was acquired by Zynga, a Nasdaq listed company, in 2014.
• co-founded Creative Labs, a venture capital backed startup foundry that builds consumer technology companies by leveraging the Creative Artist Agency’s access to talent and audience.
• co-founded Argo Blockchain PLC, an enterprise-scale provider of cryptocurrency mining services that listed on the LSE.
• co-founded Guild esports Plc, a global esports franchise listed on the London Stock Exchange.
• co-founded Leaf Mobile Inc, Canada’s largest mobile game studio, listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
• co-founded Cellular Goods Plc, the first publicly listed cannabinoid company on the London Stock Exchange.
• co-founded NFT Investments Plc, will be the first publicly traded vehicle for this new asset class.
Darcy has over 20+ years of senior executive experience building successful companies and brands spanning, Asia, Europe and North America. He has a proven track record in C-suite and senior leadership roles at IMG Canada (now Endeavor LLC), Logic Technologies Inc, JT International S.A. and MASEV Communications Inc, that was acquired by IMG Canada. His experience spans corporate, agency, and entrepreneurial environments across free-to-play Mobile games, FinTech, esports, Blockchain, FMCG/CPG, Digital Marketing & Media and Sports & Entertainment industries.
Mark has over 25 years of experience as a lawyer, serial entrepreneur, C-level executive and strategic adviser, In the early stages of his career, Mark practised securities and entertainment law, for clients such Viacom, Disney, Paramount, Time Warner, Showtime, USA Networks, and Canal + (France). During the dot-com boom, he was co-founder of InternetStudios.com an early leader in the delivery of digital media. He is currently a Director of Aja Ventures Inc., an investment company focused on psychedelic therapies, and a Director of Dispersion Holdings Plc, (UK), an investment company focused on Decentralized Finance. He is the CEO of Carraway Capital Corp., and a co-founder of Sosido Networks, a pre-eminent knowledge- sharing community for health-care professionals. More recently he has been involved in the founding of Leaf Mobile Inc, Canada’s largest mobile game studio, listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange.